Thank you for choosing Midlothian Independent School District to host your event. We look forward to serving you! Any request(s) to use facilities are treated on a first come, first served basis and depend on prior rental history held with the District. In situations where there have been issues or concerns from previous rental history, a requestor may not be approved based on treatment of the facility and/or MISD staff.
Please review the procedures below to ensure you have all documentation when submitting your request. Any facility use packets that are incomplete will not be considered until all forms are submitted.
District Facilities are not available for use/rental the day before, the day of, or the day after school holidays. This includes all non-athletic and athletic recurring events on the MISD Learning Calendar.
- Labor Day
- Fall Break
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winter Break
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Spring Break
- Memorial Day
- All Student/Staff Holidays
- Blackout Days (June 1 – August 1; November 1 - January 1
The requests for use of all elementary school and middle school athletic and non-athletic facilities will originate at the Business Office.
A Facility Use Contract and Application packet can be picked up from Randall Hill Support Center or L.A. Mills Administration Office. It is also available to download and print.
Without total payment for a facility rental, the application will be considered unapproved. Rental fees will be payable in advance no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the rental date and must be paid with certified check, cash, or personal check.
Adequate supervision and security (police) for all events will be required at the expense of the renter. MISD will determine the number of security officers.
Liability insurance ($1,000,000 coverage) is required for all renting groups.
Rental fees are based upon the day of the week.
In situations where the full rental of the facility was not available (i.e. inclement weather or power outages),a refund may be issued based upon the hours of use.
The District shall permit non-school use of designated District facilities for educational, recreational, civic, or social activities when these activities do not conflict with school use or with this policy.
Approval shall not be granted for any purpose that would damage District property or to any group that has damaged District property.
- Facilities will not be rented from June 1 to August 1, and November 1 to January 1, for cleaning and repair.
- No MISD equipment can be used, other than scoreboards (MISD will require leagues to purchase their own controllers).
- MISD will not provide Wi-Fi access at any of their facilities.
- Organizations that have partnerships with the City of Midlothian are subject to an additional waiver of fees that coincide with the partial exemption.
The Superintendent or designee is authorized to approve use of any District facilities. A completed Facility Use Contract must be submitted to the business office located at the district administration building at least ten days in advance. All approved Facility Use Contracts will be signed off and issued by the Superintendent or designee.
- Midlothian ISD will not rent any high school facilities.
- Head coaches [MISD] may open facilities for specific groups as long as they get release forms and supervise the entire event. Ex: open gym, open cages.
- Elementary facilities are rented out individually by the building principal at their discretion based on the approval of the Superintendent or designee. Must complete a Facility Use Contract for all campuses in advance.
- Churches desiring to rent a facility on an extended basis for regular religious services shall be allowed to lease only elementary campuses as are determined by the district. These services may not be held before 8:00am and no later than 12:00pm on Sunday, in order to allow MISD staff ample time to prepare for school. Membership of church must be comprised of at least 90% of residents residing in district boundaries. A membership roster reflecting member addresses must be provided to the Superintendent’s designee upon request. Fees will align with District guidelines and local policy outlined by the District.
Organizations or individuals using District facilities shall sign a Hold Harmless & Indemnity Agreement that releases the District from liability for personal injury and/or damages to personal property. All groups using District facilities shall be responsible for the cost of damages incurred during their use.
- All organizations must provide proof of liability insurance up to one million dollars and require all participants to sign a waiver releasing Midlothian ISD of any liability due to injury.
Academic and extracurricular activities sponsored by the District shall always have priority when any use is scheduled. The Superintendent or designee shall have authority to cancel a scheduled nonschool use if an unexpected conflict arises with a District activity.
Requests for nonschool use of District facilities shall be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Any rental agreement may be canceled by the District in favor of school activities.
- MISD activities will take precedent and groups may be bumped due to make-up contests. Leagues will reschedule at their own time and expense.
- No facility usage before 6:30 p.m. and no later than 8:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- No facility usage on Saturdays before 8:00 a.m. and no later than 8:00 p.m. Saturdays are relegated to Middle School use only. Middle School fields are NOT available on weekends.
- No facility usage on Sundays or Federal and School Holidays (custodians off). This includes Fridays in the summer. (With the exception of organizations deemed as churches.)
Secure a Facility Use Contract packet. These are available at Randall Hill Support Center and L.A. Mills Administration Building, or you can download and print here.
- Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Return the form to the Business Office at L.A. Mills Administration Building at least ten (10) days prior to your event, along with the necessary documentation.
- Evidence of Liability Insurance coverage
- Evidence for non-profit status (if needed)
- MISD student ID’s rosters (if needed)
- The Business Office will send all paperwork to the Executive Administrative Assistant of Operations, where he/she will ensure that all information has been filled out correctly.
- The event will be posted into the facilities reservation system calendar as “Pending for Payment and Approval.”
- The Executive Administrative Assistant of Operations will obtain signed approval by the Superintendent or Executive Director of Operations.
- Once approved, the request will be updated in the facilites reservations system calendar as "Approved."
- The Executive Administrative Assistant of Operations will create an invoice for the event and contact the person/organization who has requested use of the district’s facility.
- All payments Must be sent to the Business Office designated employee, by the requester, where they will process the payment.
- Elementary gyms – first-come, first-served.
- Middle school gyms – may use 2 gyms at one location, once a week (limited to availability).
- Must clean gym after use.
- Rental fees will be payable in advance no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the rental date.
- Rental fees must be paid with cash, certified check, or personal check to Midlothian Independent School District.